Pages

Friday 24 November 2017

Woodland Creatures Afghan

Number four down!

The other animals looked pretty derpy. This one so far is the derpiest. I'm not sure I like that orange ring around his rosy cheek (that's how it's supposed to be, I double checked), and the orange running stitch around the outside doesn't really have that much contrast with the pink background. 

All in all, I think this is my least favourite out of the four I've done so far.

I'm really liking the act of stitching the backgrounds though. They're all pretty much regular shapes (lines and squares... a few are dots like on the turtle), and I can just zone out a bit to stitch them. It's very zen. Plus, they're almost all done only with one strand of floss (except for those gingham ones, and maybe there are some I just haven't come across yet), which means I don't have to worry about railroading or forcing them to lie nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment