Pages

Tuesday 7 November 2017

Pretty Princess Dress Up!

So I don't have much to show for this past week as I was transcribing The Guardian into the computer so that I could run it through the Traveling Salesman program... and then doing a bunch of work on said program so that it could handle quarter stitches (wheeee!). I started working it cross-country like I had started so many years ago, and after a couple lengths of thread I was like Nope! So I spent a week drawing on the computer.

Anyway, now that that's done I was going to start finishing the dragon, when I finally decided to pay for the Fairy Tale Princess Dress Up set of patterns from Brooke's Books on Etsy. I've been eyeing them for a while, but I also finally had a reason to start on one (Christmas present!), and since they were on sale for 50% off for the set, I picked them up.

So I started working on Belle:
That's the first (biggest) colour down, and there are actually not that many colours in this one, since her dress is just a big mass of yellow. The Mill Hill beads and Kreinik threads are currently on order and will apparently be shipped in about two weeks (since the red hot wire wasn't in stock atm, but they're going to order it in just for li'l ole me!), but that should leave enough time before Christmas still to complete and then finish the piece. It should look so sparkly when it's done.

Speaking of finishing, the Inspiration Dragon Slayer piece is currently at Michael's to be framed. We'll see how that turns out, but the guy I ordered the frame from seemed to know what he was doing. Custom framing is pretty expensive though: I think I'll have to figure out how to do it myself for the future (except for Hidden Harbour, which I've promised will be done professionally, since it's such a huge time investment).

Also, sweet dollar store find:
Just in case you can't read the sticker on the corner of the kit, that says $4... for a Dimensions Gold Collection. And one that's on my Christmas wish list to boot! I've already started transcribing the pattern.

Huh, I should probably be updating my queue page. I don't think it's currently accurate.

No comments:

Post a Comment