Pages

Monday 20 November 2017

Woodland Creatures Afghan

Here is the second of 28 blocks done. I've decided to do the bigger 'full coverage' blocks first (14 of them), then the faster blocks after those are done. There are 14 different big blocks, but there's only 5 different small blocks, and they're repeated, so I was thinking that I might mix those ones up by doing different colours at the very least, and of course how am I supposed to know if I have enough floss to do that, unless all the big blocks are already done?

The background on this block is interesting: it's kind of hard to see in the picture, but it's a checkerboard pattern (3x3 stitches per square). Each block is the same colour floss, but the squares alternate between 1 strand and 2 strands. It's a subtle effect, and the photograph doesn't do it justice (much like metallic thread, it gains a lot when you look at it from shifting angles.

Unfortunately, my Q-snap ripped some of the afghan fabric! Probably when I took it off. I'm going to try fray-checking the pieces back together, but from now on I think I'm going to have to use a hoop instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment