Pages

Wednesday 10 May 2017

Red Geisha - Day 31/32


That black line there looks pretty out of place... that's the outline of the parasol. That section will be 100% filled in with stitches, but that's all that's left of her (other than the flowers in the background).

Speaking of flowers in the background, I decided I could take on a bunch of them tonight, so I tackled a bunch of the purple bits. The gold centers shouldn't be quite as bad, since I can just fill inside the purple stitches.

The scroll frame didn't really work well when I was right at the top of the piece; there wasn't really anything holding it in the rod. I tried taping it down, but that didn't work so well. So I cut a separate piece of cloth wide enough to wrap around the rod a couple times, sewed the top of aida to that (to lengthen it), and it worked wonderfully. Once I start on the backstitching/beads/metallic, I'll do the same thing to the bottom of the piece too probably. It takes a bit of time to set up, but it makes using the scroll frame really easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment