Pages

Sunday 13 August 2017

Elegance of the Orient

Decided that I wanted to do some work on Elegance this weekend, to take a break from Hidden Harbor. I did a little bit of the cream on Saturday, but the bulk of the cream and all of the light yellow were done today. 

I decided to go back to go back to Travelling Salesman with this one. I wasn't liking the vertical lines I was getting from parking, plus this is a WHOLE lot faster. The pattern is split into thirds, so I've only run through the bottom third into this calculation. I've already finished off the largest two colours in this section. There were 8818 stitches (not including the stitches that I'd already finished by parking), and the top two colours make up 2053 stitches (23.3%)... did I mention how fast Salesman is?

You can make out where the large flower on the side of her robe is going to end up in the cream near the center. I'm stitching the colours with the most stitches first, so that I'm less likely to make mistakes while counting, so it'll be a bit before there's much more added to the flower.

No comments:

Post a Comment