Pages

Monday 19 June 2017

Supersized Hidden Harbor

I was feeling bad about the pokemon piece, so I decided to start on the Hidden Harbor... the pattern is split into 104 pages. 999x749; 748,251 total stitches; 25x18.75 inches on 40ct Verdal; each page is only going to cover 2x2.5 inches. The rough rectangle you see in the picture is the first page.

Going with a waste knot method of locking down the threads on this one, since the stitches are tiny and it's hard to run the thread under stitches on the back (especially with the evenweave, since I'm worried about pushing stitches underneath the weave if I push too hard).

I think I may divide future pages into columns or rows instead of doing the whole thing in one go... I'm having a rough time with the counting going with the whole page since I can't really mark on the canvas (my fabric pen is too big). Maybe I could see if I could find a finer-tipped pen?

No comments:

Post a Comment