Pages

Saturday 17 June 2017

Many things were worked on

So there was a new job started recently, and I've been crashing pretty early and not getting a lot done. The first week has officially been conquered now though, so time to show off the little bit that got done in the meantime.

The pokemon piece is temporarily on hold for now, since I really don't like that thread on the 28-count. It's too thick and making it too hard to get stitches in. I'm looking at either using different thread or different cloth, but for now there are other projects to work on!
The Autumn tree is starting to become more pink (down at the bottom). That will slowly take over the rainbow of the printed pattern.
Elegance got another column and a half. I'm going with 20-stitch-wide columns on her instead of 10, so each column takes longer, but I think it should end up going a bit faster in the long run. 

In person, the difference between the darker and lighter yellows is a LOT harder to see. Maybe it's just the light I'm using. Or maybe I just need to zoom out more often. The seams between columns are also less obvious in person. The backstitching should help hide that when the time comes.
When I got to the section where the entire row was just black cross stitches on Twilight, I checked the left half of the pattern and realized that that half had the entire row in black as well... so those rows I just continued across the whole thing. Only one more row of that though, and then I return to just the right half (the right half has 10 full rows of black, while the left half only has 7). It gives me an idea of how big the piece is going to be though. It seems like there's already a lot done on this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment