Pages

Saturday 4 August 2018

Treble Clef - Latch Hook

Was browsing at my local Michael's this week. Unfortunately, their cross stitch selection is 1 - small and 2 - never changing. I've kept from caving and picking up a latch hook previously... but this time I wasn't strong enough!

These kits don't come with the hook, but I've got a half dozen picked up from various thrift shops, so that wasn't an issue (though I did have to spend a bunch of time to find where I'd stashed them).

One problem with this kit was that the picture on the front of the box was not the same as the pattern inside. I don't know how easy it is to see in the picture, but there are six colours: white, black, blue, dark turquoise, turquoise, and light turquoise. You can see on the bottom that they've got the turquoises fading into the white, with the lightest turquoise next to the white. At the top though, the pattern has the middle-turquoise next to the white fading into the dark turquoise, whereas on the picture on the box the top uses the light and medium turquoises. Not that big of a deal, but I prefer the colours on the box, and there wasn't enough of the light turquoise left to just go ahead and copy the box anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment