Pages

Monday 19 February 2018

Provence Market

Well, we have an update on Provence Market. The new stuff is the result of about half a day of work (yesterday) plus a full day of work (today was a stat!). I couldn't decide between working on this one or Elegance, so this was the first one I found when I went looking through my WIP box.

The dark colours on the left look like they're from a different pattern than the softer brown on the right. I assure you, I didn't start two different patterns on the same cloth: they do go together eventually!

I changed my analysis algorithm slightly and reran this pattern. I ran it with a chunk separation of 7 stitches, then separated each chunk into its own file instead of including all of the same colour in one file. Then I took any chunks that were greater than an arbitrary threshold (I chose 250 stitches), and divided them evenly until they were in chunks < 250 stitches and put each of those chunks into a separate file. Then I ordered the files by the stitch in each chunk farthest to the top then farthest to the left. I ended up with 420 separate files! This style should make it harder to miscount stitches since I won't be jumping so far, and make the picture fill in a bit nicer as I go instead of jumping all over the place and only really resolving on those last few colours.

It might be hard to tell, but the very first line is completely filled in on the left side of the piece to just over halfway across. That first line is going to take the longest to fill in since it was completely blank when I started, plus the part in the middle was a lot of small sections because it's the bottom half of the people in the background and their shirts are all different colours. I completed the first 38 files, about 2700 stitches.

That big mass of brown that I'd already done previously is included in the generated files though, so once I start hitting those files that's an extra 2400 stitches that are already done and I don't have to worry about!

No comments:

Post a Comment